November 5, 2015 (Thursday)
Online registration electronically gathers information and allows us to plan the meals. You can pay with credit card or indicate payment by check either in the mail or bring to the meeting. Please help reduce office adminstration and register online. Thank you.
Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch.
CCSAA Members (attendees & exhibitors).... $57 Non-members....$80
hosted by Leah Wilson, Nordic Director Waterville Valley
CCSAA Eastern Meeting Committee: Nate Harvey, Rebecca Dayton, Reese Brown, Leah Wilson, and Chris Frado.
TENTATIVE MEETING AGENDA
7:00 -8:00 Exhibitor Set Up
8:30 - 10:00 Trade Expo, Continental Breakfast, Meeting Registration, and Fat Bike Rides
Load Nature Valley Granola Bars
Each member business may take 5-10 cases of bars for sampling with your customers this winter.
Deliver brochures for Boston Ski Show
Representatives from Weston Ski Track will take your brochures for distribution during the Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo. Please have a check for $30 payable to Weston.
10:00 - 10:15 Welcome Chris Frado, CCSAA Executive Director
Who's Who and From Where Everyone
10:15 to 10:30 Host Nordic Center Presentation Leah Wilson, Waterville Valley
10:30 - 11:00 CCSAA - The Future Rebecca Dayton, CCSSA Board of Directors
A presentation of the CCSAA Strategic Plan highlighting the initiatives crafted to support our members in the next 5 years.
11:00 - 11:15 CCSAA 2015-2016 Winter Program Overview Chris Frado, CCSAA Executive Director
- Welcome Pass The Welcome Pass is a 3x/free skiing distributed by selected retailers including L.L.Bean with purchase of entry-level ski or snowshoe package. Be listed on the L.L.Bean site as a participating area.
- Boston Ski Show Brochure distribution at the Show and through the season by Weston Ski Track. SIA Nordic Interpretive Zone featuring Laser Biathlon.
- Winter Trails Are you a participating area for this nationally promoted introduction to cross country skiing & snowshoeing on January 9, 2016?
- SIA Snow Show & Demo Buying show January 29-31, Feb. 1 and Demo Feb 2 & 3 in Denver, CO
- USSA Crystal Pass Support the Athletes of the US Nordic Ski Team through your ski areas participation in the Crystal Pass Program
- Grey Suit Retail CCSAA is partnering with Grey Suit Retail to offer you proven online solutions for your marketing and sales efforts.
- Online Ticket Portal Update on the online ticket sales plan from CCSAA
11:15 - 11:30 CCSAA Conference Preview & Invitation Chris Frado and CCSAA Board Members
April 4-6, 2016 Snow Mountain Ranch, CO
This year the conference will focus on two critical are areas of ski area operations - Grooming and Hospitality. This unique duel track format is designed for in depth discussion and instruction.
11:30 - Noon State of the Industry Ed Wray, SIA Representative
Noon - 1:00 Lunch /Silent Auction
1:00 - 1:45 I AM PRO SNOW Climate Reality Project
"We need snow. But right now, snow needs us. The I AM PRO SNOW community is working together to build support for real climate solutions so we can all look forward to perfect groomers, fresh powder, and first tracks for many years to come."
1:45 -2:30 Building Nordic Culture in Your Town Kris Cheney-Seymour, Mt Van Hoevenberg
Creating a Nordic Culture in Northern Maine, Park City, Utah and the Adirondacks of New York
2:30-3:15 Embrace the Race! Hosting Ski Races is Good for your Guests Zach Stegeman, NENSA
What is NENSA and how can your Nordic center benefit from a strong relationship with the racing community?
3:15-4:00 Recreation vs Racing - Striking the Balance Round Table Discussion
Join a panel discussion on the benefits of a strong race program for recreational ski areas. Panelists include: Zach Stegeman, Kris Cheney-Seymour, Sue Weymss, and Nick Mahood
** Subject to Change**