Like cross country skiing, snowshoeing is a fun activity for all ages and ability levels. Instead of gliding on the snow using skis, you're walking on the snow using snowshoes.
Almost all of CCSAA's cross country ski areas welcome snowshoers to their trails and lodges, but it's always good to call ahead and check. Please check with the individual resorts and trails to see if snowshoeing is allowed.
When using trails at a ski area please...
• Keep off groomed ski tracks.
• Obey posted signs.
• Give skiers the right of way.
• Grooming vehicles may be on the trails -use caution.
• Return to lodge by closing.
• Remove snowshoes at road crossings.
• Snowshoe in designated areas.
• Never snowshoe alone.
• Choose trails appropriate to your ability and fitness.